Pages

Beauty

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I have been blessed with clear, non-problematic, normal skin  but that does not mean I slack on taking care of it.  I am lucky enough to have had a cosmetologist for a Mom my entire life, so I knew the importance of taking care of my skin since I can remember.   I probably have never ever gone to bed without taking off my eye make-up or washing my face. So, no matter how tired you are, get your butt up and take care of your face. You have to look at it every day!
  1. First things first, make sure take off your eye make up.  Face wash by itself is not going to do the job.  I use Chanel Demaquillant Yeux Intense.  Yes, its $34.00 but it works great and doesn't leave a greasy aftermath.  Another really good eye make-up remover is Lancome Bi-Facil  for $28 or for a more affordable, non-oily remover try Neutrogena. It's only around $7.00 and you can get it at any local drug store. Tip: Use a cotton ball or a cotton pad to remove your eye make-up.  You don't put as much on it and it helps conserve your remover! 
  2. Face wash.  I try all kinds of different face wash.  If you already have one that works for you, stick to it.  Like I said, I don't have too many problems with my skin, so I can switch up.  Right now, I am using Lush Dark Angels and I love it.  I have used it in the past and I felt like it really refreshed my skin.  It is made with black sugar and charcoal and it exfoliates and brightens your skin and leaves a matte finish.  Click the link and read up on it.  They tell you to use it in the shower, because, yes, it gets quite messy.  Another face wash that I really like is Fresh Soy Face Cleanser that you can get from Sephora for $38. It's pricey, but it makes my face feel super soft.  This cleanser is also ideal for all skin types.  An inexpensive cleanser that I use on occasion that works really well is Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit oil-free face wash for $9 or the Target brand that replicates it works just as good. 
  3. Okay, moving on to moisturizer.  I hate to keep recommending expensive Chanel stuff, but the stuff is seriously the best product you can use. Hydra Beauty Creme is like the softest and best-smelling moisturizer I have ever used.  It is not greasy and quenches my skin. It better for $87. Stop at a Chanel counter and ask about the different moisturizers and tell them your skin type and they can match you up with one and give you a sample to try before you buy. If you are in the Nashville area, my Mom manages the counter in Cool Springs mall. She will hook you up! Another moisturizer that I love is Pond's Clarant B3.  I always grab the travel size at Target for like $2.  It works really well and smells great. 
  4. Occasionally I will get a zit. I want to hide out in my room until its gone, but sometimes life doesn't allow me to do that.  I usually try to do natural remedies, but I have 2 products that I swear by. Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 is the business.  I just dab it on with a Q-tip, let it dry and go to bed. Another product that works wonders is Boscia Willow Bark Spot Treatment. This product is perfect for anyone with sensitive skin. It's really calming and really purifies the skin. You can get it at Sephora (I think they have pens now) for only $15.  When I have a blemish, I'm pretty much up for spending whatever to get rid of it.  Sephora also drams out samples,so if you go in there just tell them you are looking for some acne spot treatments and they will guide you and give you a sample so you can try it before you buy it. Click the link to read up on it.
  5. Lip treatments have recently become my thing, especially during this winter weather.  I used to just run my finger under warm water, dip it in some granulated sugar and rub it into my lips,but I have recently discovered some different methods.  I posted a few weeks ago about the e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator that I have been using, but I have also discovered an amazing lip treatment from Mary Kay. Yeah, Mary Kay.  I don't normally sway that way, but this stuff is wonderful.  This Satin Lips Set is amaze and only $18. (or $10 a piece).  First, you put the Lip Mask on and leave it on for 1-2 minutes, wipe it off with a wet cotton pad and then apply the Lip Satin. O-M-G, the BEST stuff for real.
  6. So, if your gonna have an amazing face and soft lips, your hands have to be pretty amazing, too. Right? I am not trying to hold my boyfriend's hand or shake someone's hand with some roughness.  This Mary Kay Peach Satin Hands set is great.  I only have the exfoliater and the hand cream, but I am sure the hand softener really sets it off.  The set is only $34 and worth every penny.  You can also order the Satin Hands kit from my lovely Aunt Sherri.  Click here!!!!
So, this might seem like a lot because it's written out, but it only takes max, 7 minutes.  I think your face, lips, and hands deserve that.  



A few other things that I use/do:
  • I apply Vaseline to my eyelashes. Sounds weird, but it really helps them grow and moisturizes them.  I don't goop a ton of them, I just put a little on my fingertips and swipe them on my lashes.
  • I  have never gone a day my entire life without putting lotion on.  It is serious that you moisturize your body.  The second I get out of the shower, I am lathering it on and I usually put lotion on before bed. Baby Lotion is the only way to go. It is perfect for anyone with sensitive skin and it's fresh and not over-powering. Throw that Bath & Bodyworks crap away and quit drowning your skin in perfume. It's not even moisturizing your skin, for real, the stuff sucks. There are different scents other than the traditional baby lotion scent if you don't like smelling like a newborn baby (even though I love the original). Right now, I am using the bedtime lotion, smells so good and I swear it helps me sleep better.
  • Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-Action Eye is something that I really enjoy using. It lifts and firms and gives your face an overall tightening effect.  Just dab it on your under eye area and on your brow bone.  Use your ring finger, it's the smoothest (since it is least-used) and lightest finger on your hand. I also like to leave my eye cream in the fridge so I get an extra cooling effect when applying.
  • Last, but not least, I pour myself an ice cold glass of water.  Water is so important for clear and bright skin.  If your not drinking water, then you can forget everything I just told you.  
Feel free to comment for any questions! xox


No comments:

Post a Comment