Pages

Beauty

Monday, February 3, 2014

Orange is the New Red.

Went to MAC last week and had my sights set on Lady Danger.  I was browsing through Pinterest and had ran across that color and loved it.  Well, I tried the color on (and some others) and walked around the mall to kind of see how I liked it.  I am not a huge impulse buyer and I really like to try lipstick on and see how I like it, especially when I can catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror at a store or something. Seems weird, but I recommend doing it.  I tend to like lipstick on other people and not on myself, so before I splurge on a $15 tube of lipstick, I want to make sure it is a color that looks good on me. 
Another color that I also tried on was Morange. My boyfriend kind of gave me a "whoa" look because it is a little neon, but usually when I raise an eyebrow, I sort of obsess over whatever it is that makes people do that.  As I was checking out, I asked the girls at the counter, "Morange or Lady Danger?" and they both said "Lady Danger".  I bought it.  I knew the minute that I did, that I should have just gone with the other. I tend to go against the grain, so when people tell me one thing, I usually do the opposite. The second I got in the car I made the decision to return it and go back and get Morange. So the next day, I dragged my indecisive self to the mall and exchanged it for a more "stand-out" color. 
I also ran across an article about Orange lipstick and kind of had that in the back of my head when I was trying colors on. Orange is on trend for Spring 2014 and a lot of designers showcased that on the runways at New York Fashion Week. Click Here for some inspiration. 








1 comment:

  1. This lipstick color is so cool and futuristic!!! I have been following you for years and think you are a major player in trend setting. Your ideas and fashions are also timeless. Looking forward to more tips and crafty crafts.

    ReplyDelete