Pages

Fashion

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

When I need a little direction when choosing an amazing outfit, I usually will browse the internet, fashion magazines, Pinterest fashion boards, whatever. I will screen shot some pictures for inspiration and head to the mall.  Now I know that I am 28 (29 tomorrow, but I am still going to hang on to my last day of being 28), but I usually hit up Forever 21 first.  They carry a lot of replicated designer pieces and it is very affordable.  I am also limited to good shopping here in Lexington, but if I were in Nashville, I would look at H&M and Urban Outfitters, too. 
I feel like I get so overwhelmed and excited when I am shopping that I lose my vision, that's why I find an inspiration look before I leave the house and once I get there, I know what I am looking for.  You don't want to do exact pieces (obviously). Add in your flair and style, make it your own! That is what fashion is all about.
I have mastered this.

I found this picture (left) on Pinterest and fell in love with the look.  So, I went to Forever 21 and found similar pieces and re-created the look for less.
Leopard Skirt/Forever 21  $8.80
Van Halen T/Forever 21 $17.00
Neon layered necklace/Forever 21 $6.80
Chain Black Purse/Forever 21  Sale $6.99
Vest/Express (but found it at Goodwill for $3 and actually found $15 in the pocket, Score!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment