Pages

On the Menu

Friday, December 20, 2013

Tonight we are having Chicken Taco Chili.  If I can use my Crockpot, I will.  It's easy and I don't have to think about dinner when 7 o'clock rolls around.  I was a little late putting everything in today, so I cooked my chicken a little on the stove before putting it in with the rest of the ingredients.  Otherwise, I would just put everything in (raw chicken and all) before noon so that it would be ready by 7pm. Anyways, here are the ingredients you need:
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can kidney beans (drained)
  • 1 can corn (slightly drained)
  • 1 can tomato sauce (16 oz)
  • 1 can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes
  • 1 pkg of taco seasoning
  • 2-3 chicken breasts (I used chicken tenderloins for this because it would cook faster)
  • 1 tbsp. of chili powder
Throw everything in the Crockpot and after about 6 hours on high or 10 hours on low, you have Chicken Taco Chili.  I like to top mine with sour cream, shredded cheese and crunched tortilla chips. Enjoy! 

Ill post some pictures of the finished product later!

No comments:

Post a Comment